Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Murraya paniculata






Sharing with Texture Tuesday

Texture:   KK Edith by Kim Klassen, Colour Burn at 65% opacity.


Murraya paniculata, also known as Orange Jessamine, is one of my favourite plants in the garden.

These fragrant, white flowers appear several times a year.

They make great hedges and seem to thrive when you give them a trim.

When I took the above photo a couple of weeks ago, there were more flowers than ever before.

I'm so glad I did because two days later, all the flowers were gone and a lovely white flower carpet lay below.






3 comments:

  1. Ahh, is that what they're called! I have a couple of bushes and they're just beautiful and what a glorious smell. I love the clarity you have in your macro shots. The carpet of old flowers in really lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Orange Jessamine too. You have captured the flowers beautifully, just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the fragile flower. So glad you got it when you did. That is a sign of a great photographer!!!!

    Thank you for your nice words regarding my family and my day. hahahaha.

    I'm pinning your pics NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.

Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...